Monday, November 30, 2015

The Hardest Days of Teaching

There are many, but I think I can generalize them enough to fit the days before a break and the day that we come back from a break.

It's also picture day today so the kids are just...on.

I find the easiest ways to get through days like today are to give them time to talk. They love telling you all about the good, the bad and the ugly that happened to them while we were off. Yes, your kids tell us teachers all about the drunk uncle and the crazy fight that happened between your 2nd cousin and your mom. It happens every year and it's always so detailed, that we can even feel like we were there.

It's all part of teaching middle school. :0)

The days before a break are nice in that I have usually spent a month of bribing them with a holiday treat if they behave and get everything done that they need to. This year, I let them pick a movie and I popped popcorn for them. They wanted to stay even after the bell rang.

As for my school picture? Hate it. But, it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment